Tuesday, August 4, 2009

great day

Had a fantastic day so far today. Some volunteers who live in another oblast came to visit this week. The first visitors we've had here. They came into the city today and we found this new resturaunt that has pizza and a full bar. It was amazing. It was nice to just sit and eat and laugh with other people. Really great time.

Tomorrow I start my English club again. I'm not expecting to many kids though since right now most of them are working out in the fields. We'll see though. Today we were supposed to meet at the school to decide when we would have English clubs and only one girl showed up. So maybe I will only have 1 student. She's a sweet girl so I don't mind tutoring her one on one.

I took my puppy with me to the school since we were meeting outside. She did great. She's really learning to stay by my side and not pull me. She got a little scared when this big dog came charging at us but so did I, so I couldn't get mad at her for it. She's also gotten better about not chasing people. Not perfect yet but better. She still loves to go for the people on bikes. I'm trying to get her out and exersize and play more. A tired puppy is a good puppy. I found a tug rope for her in Bishkek and she is having a blast with it. Her first and only toy.

Still waiting on our packages to arrive. Hopefully this week they will come. If they don't come this week, I will be a little worried. Got an anniversary card from my momma so I know our address was correct.

This weekend I am going to visit my bff volunteer who lives in Chui. Should be a good time.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear puppy is behaving! Hope the package arrives soon! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete