Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Out of control

July 28, 2009

My puppy is out of control. I didn't know that puppies were so much freakin work! Good news is I got some really helpful training advice from Christina that I plan on putting into practice right away. No more Sadie getting away with stuff. She is going to have to work for every reward. Yesterday she stole one of my Reef sandals (the only pair I have with me) and chewed through the toe strap... I was so pissed. So we decided she is no longer allowed in the area we keep our shoes. My host mom saw how upset I was about it and she sewed the strap back together for me. Now one shoe is a little tight but it's better than not having them.

Tomorrow is mine and Thomas' 3 year anniversary. Holy crap. Three years! It does not seem like it has been that long. To celebrate we are going to make a delicious breakfast complete with omletes and OJ. Now that we have a fridge.... delicious food is possible.... just expensive.

We met some Australians today who work for an NGO based out of Bishkek. Something that involved veterinary work mixed with engineering. I didn't quite understand but they did invite us to come over to their house anytime. 2 of the guys were young, probably same age as Thomas and I. The other guy was a little older and lives here with his wife and kids. I think it will be fantastic to get to know some new people.

I'm going to head into Bishkek on Friday with one of the other volunteers here. We're going to visit my old host family, my bff, and do some shopping in the capital. We desperately need some new spices, bbq sauce, parmesan cheese, popcorn, and anything else we can get our hands on that talas doesn't have. I plan on eating out atleast twice (Bishkek has really good Chinese food). Once for dinner when I get there, maybe find an American resturaunt. And then on Saturday have lunch with my Kyrgyz teachers at this awesome Chinese resturaunt. I'm going to eat enough to last until I go back again next month. Can you tell I miss good food?

I am going to talk to Peace Corps today about possibly taking my leave in May of next year. I desperately want to make it to Stefanie's wedding. It just depends on whether or not they will let me leave when school is in session. I really hope so! By next summer Thomas and I should have a month of leave built up. Which would give us plenty of time to be in Gville and Tally. And wherever else we get dragged to.

And the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment