Monday, September 7, 2009

skipping school

September 8, 2009

So I get to skip school today and hang out in the city with Tsui (another volunteer)! We are waiting for our students to finish the 2nd round of Flex testing. Flex is a scholarhip program that awards 70 scholarhips to Kyrgyz high school students to study for one year at an American high school. There are 3 rounds of testing. Yesterday was the first round. I brought 3 students and one of them passed the first round and is taking the second round as I type. I am so proud of her! It's a really big deal to even get this far. Out of the 100 students that came to the first round only 28 passed.

Even though I come to the city all the time, it's a lot more exciting to come when you are skipping work! LOL!

2 comments:

  1. May I ask , what is the name of the school or the village?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you can ask. But we can't answer. It is against Peace Corps rules for us to include any information that states exactly where we are. It's a security risk. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete