Saturday, June 27, 2009

nothing much

June 25, 2009

I got an email from Stefanie the other day, letting me know her and Mark set a date for their wedding!! AHH!! I'm so excited for them! I really, really, really want to be there for it. I'm going to do some talking with Peace Corps and with my family and see if it's possible! AHHH!! I love weddings!

Got an email from ol' Billy too! I really miss being a part of the office trio (me, Tricia and Bill). Going for cookie runs and working hard (and when I say working what I really mean is laughing!) It was fun working there. I hope him and Amy really do come to see me next summer. It would be amazing! I could totally give them a fantastic tour of the country, complete with a weekend stay in a yurt. Omg, I just got really excited. And they could meet my awesome family.

Today was another rough day. Nothing much to do so it was hard not to wish I was back at home. And for some reason I really wanted a smoothie! So I drank some warm pineapple juice but that just didn't do it for me. It's ridiculous how much I miss food. Sometimes I sit and daydream about eating a Moe's burrito... like how it taste's and how full and content I'd be after I ate it! Pretty sad huh? But I'm not the only one... the other volunteers concur that they miss american food A LOT! One volunteer just got back from a 2 week visit to America and admits to eating nothing but steaks and seafood the whole time she was there!

I think on Saturday Thomas and I are going to try and make some cheese ravioli. I'll let you know how it turns out. Last night, we made pasta with sauteed eggplant, tomatoes and garlic for our family. It was pretty good. I'm really enjoying cooking for ourselves. Peace Corps gave us this huge cookbook with some really great recipes that past volunteers recomended. It has been so helpful!

Yesterday we went into the city to meet some of our fellow k-17's for lunch. A good day. We grabbed lunch at this little cafe. It was good, traditional Kyrgyz food, fried logmahn (fried handmade noodles with veggies and beef in a spicy sauce. We used the internet for a while. I got a lot of pictures uploaded but I still have a lot more to go. I want to get up more of the scenic pictures. Then we went to the "volunteer library" and returned/picked up some books. I'm waiting to get my hands on Twilight #4. Another volunteer is finishing it up now and then it's mine!!!

I gave my puppy a bath today and she hated it!!! I found 3 fleas and 1 tick... gross. She's really freaking cute though. Today she climbed up on my lap and fell asleep immediately. The other night I was putting my shoes on and I accidentally stepped on her. She howled for 10 minutes... I felt awful. Then she hopped around and wouldn't put any weight on it. So I started crying because I thought I broke her leg... then my host mom made fun of me and said the next day she's be fine.... sure enough she was fine in the morning. But man did she howl... it was awful!

We leave for camp on Sunday. We will be gone for 5 days with no access to internet, so if you send an email then, we will respond as soon as we get back in town. The weekend after camp I am going with Taylor to visit some volunteers in another oblast. It should be fun, just getting away will be fun. Plus Taylor is the only k-17 female volunteer that is close to me.... and I really like her. I think we could be good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment