Wednesday, March 18, 2009

8 days left

Thomas and I officially have 8 days left in the US. We are currently in Gainesville visiting my family, which has been really nice. I am beginning to get VERY excited but also slightly nervous... also a little bit shocked that it is actually happening! It seems like we have been talking about doing something like this for so long, and now that it is actually here it feels very unreal. It's hard not knowing what to expect. We have gotten very few details besides our travel itinerary and a general idea of what our job will be. Mostly because none of this is really figured out until we actually get there. I have been reading some other PCV's blogs that are currently in K-stan and it seems like it will be a nice place to live. The people there sound exceptionally friendly, and I've heard that even if they don't like you, you won't know it.... we'll see.

I just finished reading a 77 page "Pre-departure training guide" for English teachers going to K-stan. Then I had to write a 200 word essay on how I would apply the guide to my teaching. WTF? I don't know! It seemed like such a vague question. Not to mention hard to answer since I know little about what to expect.
We are headed back to Tally on Saturday to relax and see Thomas' mom. More then...

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment